www.bushywood.org.uk and Eastbourne District Scout Council take the issue of privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting and respecting our users' privacy. This Privacy Statement sets out our current data processing practices and should be read in conjunction with our terms and conditions.
If you have any queries or concerns regarding these practices, please contact us.
We currently share personal contact information with East Sussex County Council (ESCC) for the purposes of activity provision through the services of Buzz Active, and for the outreach service of the ESCC Libraries and Information Service, as their youth education services may be of interest to our customers.
We do not share any personal or group information with third party commercial organisations or marketing companies.
1. The information we collect
2. Registration information
When you register/book online with www.bushywood.org.uk, we ask for your name, email address, address, telephone numbers and organisation details. We usually also capture your IP address at the time you register.
3. Sharing of data
We will not share data supplied by you. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
www.bushywood.org.uk may include interactive advertising for other businesses as part of the site operation.
5. Legal jurisdiction
All personal information and details are held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
6. Further information
www.bushywood.org.uk will as part of it's normal operation send out information emails. Members can choose to opt out of these emails at any time using the links provided.
7. Disclosure of data by order of a Court and Security
We reserve the right to communicate a Member's personal information as we hold to third parties who are empowered by regulation, statute or order of a court.
We have security measures in place to protect our customer database. Access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each person's responsibility:
- to keep their password secret
- to protect against unauthorised access to your personal details
- to log off from the www.bushywood.org.ukservice when not using it; and
- to ensure against use by anyone else of the www.bushywood.org.uk service through the machine that the person uses while they are "logged on" to the www.bushywood.org.uk service
- to search and obtain only the data specifically required and allowed for relating to their role.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
These cookies are only used internally by the site itself, no information is retrieved or shared.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
9. The Data Protection act
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner's website at http://ico.org.uk/for_organisations/data_protection.
10. Contacting www.bushywood.org.uk
If you want to contact us to raise any questions about this privacy statement, or any general matters relating to www.bushywood.org.uk, you can contact us via the contact link on the website.
Please use this contact method if you wish to request from us a copy of the personal data we hold about you. Please note that under English law we are entitled to charge you a fee for providing this service.
11. Google Analytics
- Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system
- Screen colors (color processing ability of the users screen)
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address
- Can include country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data.
- Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site statistics
- The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data is only used to optimise our website for our visitors.
This data DOES NOT include any personalised identification information such as:
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Mailing addresses
- Bank account numbers
- Credit card information